Preston-Hanley has a Grief Library available as a resource for members of our community, available to borrow at no charge. Our Grief Library features books and films that cover everything from offering ideas for clergy to helping children grieve and assisting families who have experienced a miscarriage. We hope that this lending library will provide help during and after the loss of a loved one.
The books include:
- The Mourning Handbook - Helen Fitzgerald*
- Losing a Parent: Fiona Marshall*
- Motherless Daughters - Hope Edelman*
- Widow to Widow: Thoughtful, Practical Ideas for Rebuilding Your Life - Genevieve Davis Ginsburg, M.S.*
- I Wasn't Ready to Say Goodbye - Brook Noel & Pamela D. Blair, PhD.*
- Life After Loss: A practical Guide to Renewing Your Life After Experiencing Major Life - Bob Diets
- The Seven T's: Finding Hope and Healing in the Wake of Tragedy - Judy Collins
- How to Survive the Loss of a Parent: A Guide for Adults - Lois F. Akner, C.S.W.
- No Time to Say Goodbye: Surviving the Suicide of a Loved One - Carla Fine
- Mommy, Please Don't Cry...There are no Tears in Heaven - Linda DeYmaz
- When Children Grieve: For Adults to Help Children - John W. James and Russell Friedman
- The Grief Recovery Handbook - John W. James and Russell Friedman
- Life, Death and Grief: A book of thoughts and short stories - Gary L. Franks, Jr.
- When Will I Stop Hurting? Teens, Loss and Grief - Edward Myers
- Don't Despair on Thursdays! - Adolph Moser, Ed.D.
- Death and Grief: A Guide for Clergy - Alan D. Wolfeldt, Ph.D.
- Where the Balloons Go? Paul Coleman
- Tell Me Papa - Joy & Dr. Marvin Johnson
- Thank You for Coming to Say Goodbye - Janice L. Roberts & Joy Johnson
- The Memory Box - Tammy L. Pitre
- Healing Your Grieving Heart: 100 Practical Ideas for Kids - Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- When Bad Things Happen to Good People - Harold S. Kushner
- Good Grief (35th Anniversary Edition) - Granger E. Westberg
- Understanding Mourning: A Guide For Those Who Grieve - Glen W. Davidson
- When Your Loved One Dies - Samuel W. Hale, Jr.
- When Will I Stop Hurting? Dealing with a Recent Death - June Cerza Kolf
- The Bereaved Parent - Harriett Sarnoff Schiff
- Timothy Duck: The Story of the Death of a Friend - Lynn Bennett-Blackburn
- Miscarriage: A Shattered Dream - Sherokee Ilse & Linda Hammer Burns
- When a Baby Dies: A Handbook for Healing and Helping - Rana K. Limbo & Sara Rich Wheeler
- Talking About Death: A Dialogue between Parent and Child - Earl A. Grollman
- A Scrapbook Of Memories: A Workbook for Grieving Children - Dr. Earl A. Grollman
- God's Answers To Your Questions: A Quick Reference to Bible Topics - Tim Crosby, Editor
- Peace Above The Storm: Freedom From Worry, Guilt and Fear - Ellen G. White
- A Touch of Joy: Devotional Thoughts for Women by Women - Rose Otis, Editor
- How Will I Get Through the Holidays?-James E. Miller
- Helping the Bereaved Celebrate the Holidays-James E. Miller
- Behind the Scenes at Special Events- Lena Malouf
- How Do We Tell the Children? -Dan Schaefer and Christine Lyons
- Don't Take My Grief Away from Me: How to Walk Through Grief and Learn to Live Again - Doug Manning
In addition, Preston-Hanley has the following media library of films available:
- Expressions of Grief Teen Grief
- Life Through Ceremony
- Grief In America by Bert Atkinson
- Teen Grief: A Guide for Adults (Part 2 of 2)
- Honoring Tradition: Incorporating Innovation
- Picking Up the Pieces: A Child's View of Grief
- Personalized Memories - Batesville 2002
- Talking About Death with Children
- How Do I Go On? Redesigning Your Future After Crisis Has Changed Your Life
- Advice - For Friends of the Bereaved
- Understanding Grief: Kids Helping Kids