James A. Jennings
4/10/1972 - 6/3/2012
MANITO ~ James Anthony "Tony" Jennings, 40, of rural Manito, formerly of Pekin, passed away at 5:15p.m. Sunday, June 3, 2012 in rural Mason County as the result of a single car accident.
He was born April 10, 1972, in Champaign to Herman and Jeannine (Kuhn) Jennings. He was engaged to be married June 21, 2012, to Danielle J. Stiltz. She survives.
Also surviving are a son, Brett Jennings of Morton; father and step-mother, Herman and Diana Jennings, Jr. of McDonough, GA; one sister, Traci Jennings of Pekin; and one brother, Tom (Melanie) Jennings of Washington. He also leaves behind his beloved four-legged companion, Baby Boy.
He was preceded in death by his mother, Jeannine Jennings.
He graduated from Pekin Community High School in 1990 and attended Illinois Central College. Tony worked in the area as a mechanic, truck driver, and most recently, landscaping and construction.
He was a member of Sand Ridge Community Church in Topeka.
Tony grew up on the ice as he played hockey from the age 5 through adulthood and even worked as a referee. He began youth hockey as a forward but found his purpose when he switched to goalie. Tony will always be remembered as a phenomenal goalkeeper.
He thoroughly enjoyed the outdoors and, never being one to sit still, took every advantage of it. He enjoyed golfing, fishing, landscaping, and caring for his plants and animals. He loved his friends and family and was looking forward to starting a new chapter of his life with Danielle and her son, Shawn. Tony will always be remembered for helping those he could, his quick wit and good natured pranks, energetic attitude, and the boyish grin that told everything about him.
Visitation will be from 1 to 2:45 p.m. Friday, June 8, 2012 at Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin, with a memorial service following at 3 pm. His cremated remains will be buried next to his mother in Vine Street Hill Cemetery in Cincinnati, OH.
Memorial contributions may be made to Sand Ridge Community Church, 26163 County Road 2500 N., Topeka, IL 61567 or to the American Institute for Cancer Research (www.aicr.org).
To express condolences online, visit www.preston-hanley.com.
- Chuck & Lisa Otto - Friend
- Tammy Helman - Friend
- Lisa Hauck Riggs - Friend
- Rustin Regentz - friend
- Marc Wheeler - Hockey
- Matthew Nash - Friend
- Todd & Amy Hasty - Friends
- Rhonda Hodges - hockey family
- Betsy ( Bernardi) Frederick -
- Kathy & Gerald Cox - neighbor
- Kyle Gorden - Friend
- Rhonda Head - Friend
- Holly Hackney-Brashier -
- Alexis Johnson -
- Erin Haley-Phillips - Friend
- Jennifer Graham-Mohaupt - Friend
- Jenai Lofton - Friend
- Honor DiDonato - Friend
- Dan Englebright - Friend
- Don Snedden - friend
- Eric & Anthony Perardi - friend
- Lory (Giosta) Hall - Friend
- Lori Sego - Friend
- Kim Maquet - Friend
- SHERI (PETERS) CLEAVER - FRIEND
- Darlene Whiteman - friend
- Denny Kenser - friend
- Gretchen Haley Gaudet - Friend
- Dawn Welborn - Friend
- Herman and Karen Tekuelve - Cousin
- Tricia Grebner - Friend
- Barbi Nordvall - Friend
- Jason Sidell - Friend
- Tyler McCoy - Friend
- Tonya (Fabry) Calvert - Friend
- Denise Johnson - Friend
- Kristin Maher - friend
- Chuck and Stacey Ford - hockey
- Jody Riviere - Friend
- shantel becker(cook) -
- Becky Cosentine - Friend
- Robyn Moore Hubbard - classmate
- Nicki Reese - Friend
- Sara Sanders -
- Lisa (Lamberson) Tollefson - Friend
- Jill Antonini Murphy - Friend
- suzanne hagemann - friend
- Theresa Happach - friend
- Angie Frederick - Old Friend
- Steve and Shannon Davin -
- Jeff Mercier - Manager
- Ryan Otto - Friend
- JODY CARYER - FRIEND
- Keri Higdon-Mayberry - Friend
- David Hammond - Friend
- Toby Kirgan - Friend
- joshua dean - friend
- Faith Maguire - Friend
- Michelle Jones - Friend
- Missy Thomas - Friend
- Matt Lappie -
- Keith Dunkelbarger - Old Neighbor & Friend
- Steve & Carol Garceau - Friends
- Ron Galloway - Friend
- James & Gloria Perfetti - friends