Susan D. Schwarz
11/9/1960 - 9/4/2017
PEKIN ~ Susan Diane Starcevich Schwarz, 56, of Pekin, passed away at 1:02 a.m. Monday, September 4, 2017 at her home.
Born November 9, 1960 in Peoria to Frank and Ruth (Clayton) Starcevich, she married Jeffrey Schwarz on July 4, 1985 in Pekin. He survives.
Also surviving are her mother, Ruth Starcevich of Pekin; and her son, Alex Schwarz of Pekin.
She was preceded in death by her father and her sister, Lisa Starcevich Daub.
She was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church in Pekin.
A homemaker, Susan's greatest joy was being a mother to Alex. She cherished time spent with him. She previously had worked as a beautician.
She enjoyed gardening and loved her flowers.
The family would like to thank Irene Carey, Susan and John Long, Natalie Wilson, Melanie DiGiacomo, Mary Moore, Don with UnityPoint Hospice, and many others who offered their love, compassion and support to Susan's family during this very difficult time.
The family will host a private celebration of Susan's life at a later date. Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin is assisting the family with arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be given to the family to assist with Alex's education.
- Greg & Brooke Liles - Friend
- Connie Goodin - Friend
- Chris & Kim Joesting - Friend & Neighbor
- Susan (Knisley) Walker - Childhood friend - Lincoln St
- Perry and Kim Montgomery - Friend/Co-Worker
- John Diller - Old family friend
- Monica Leaver - school/friend
- Jennifer (Barnes) Maston - Friend
- Linda Wheeler Stoner -
- Tony & Cherie Starcevich - Cousin
- Lois Vinson - friend
- David Beasley - Friend
- Phil Durham - Friend
- Kim Maquet - Friend
- Rick Holler - school/friend
- Connie Starcevich - Cousin
- tina wenger - friend
- Richard Hayes - Friend