Jean C. Bushart
6/4/1932 - 9/6/2017
PEKIN ~ Jean Carolyn Bushart, 85, of Pekin, passed away peacefully at 1:44 p.m. Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at her daughter’s home in Pekin.
Born June 4, 1932 in Crockett County, Tennessee to Ernest and Ada (Perry) Lents, she married Newt Franklin Bushart on July 4, 1947 in Corinth, Mississippi. He died March 17, 2010 in Pekin. She was also preceded in death by her parents; one son, David Bushart; one grandson, Dennis Horn; son-in-law, Gary Fox; and three brothers, Wayne Lents, Glen Lents, and Don Lents.
Surviving are five daughters, Brenda Fox and Linda (Larry) Stepanski, both of Pekin, Jacqueline (Don) Horn of Clarksville, Tennessee, Janet (James) Newell of East Peoria, and Jill Baker of Waterloo, Iowa; twelve grandchildren; twelve great-grandchildren; one brother, Danny (Song) Lents of Ripley, Tennessee; and several nieces and nephews.
A homemaker, Jean took great pride in raising her six children. She enjoyed flowers, cooking, and reading.
She was a member of Liberty Baptist Church in Pekin.
Private family visitation and funeral will be at Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin. Burial be at Glendale Memorial Gardens in Pekin.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Don Bohlander Parkinson’s FundRACERS, 2213 September Lane, Pekin, IL 61554.
To express condolences online, visit www.preston-hanley.com
- vicki johnson - old friend
- Tricia Williams - Thomason - Friend of family
- Lisa Ashby -
- Georgia Brown - Friend
- Valarie Bohlander - Friend
- Klinkradt Family - Friend
- Traci & Shaun Bacon - Long time friends of Jill
- Diana Denning - Friend
- Bobbi Prather - Friend
- Shelley Skocaj - Family Friend
- Don&Diana Gibbs - Friend
- Pam Gonzales - Friend
- Carol Jean Fahnders price - Friend
- Nancy Palmer - Jackie's niece
- Marjorie Horn - Donald Horn's sister
- Jim Burdette -
- Phill DeRosa - Friend of the family
- Nancy VanDyke - Childhood neighbor