Sandra S. Davis
7/8/1944 - 10/20/2017
PEKIN ~ Sandra Sue “Sandy” Davis, 73, of Pekin, passed away at 9:10 a.m. Friday, October 20, 2017 at her home.
Born July 8, 1944 in Hillsboro to John and Ida Louise (Tobermann) Boyd, she married Wayne M. Davis on August 12, 1967 in Vandalia. He survives.
Also surviving are one son, Steve (Lisa) Davis of Spring Lake; two grandsons, Zachary Davis of Portland, OR and Coleman Davis of Pekin; two granddaughters, Kady Davis and Julia Zentko, both of Pekin and four great-grandchildren. She also leaves a sister-in-law, Sandra Boyd of Houston, TX.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one son, Roger W. Davis on December 11, 2000 in Pekin and two brothers, Larry Boyd and Ed Boyd.
Sandy drove a school bus for 33 years for the Pekin Municipal Bus Department. She enjoyed the times driving and always had a school bus story to tell. Hundreds or more will remember her as their school bus driver.
She and her husband, Wayne, have been members of New Testament Missionary Baptist Church for more than 30 years.
Her funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, October 25, 2017 at Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin. The Rev. Roger Hamilton and Rev. Dr. Bobby Barnhill will officiate. Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Burial will be in Glendale Memorial Gardens in Pekin.
Memorial contributions may be made to New Testament Missionary Baptist Church, 2121 Velde Drive, Pekin, IL 61554 or to American Heart Association, 141 West White Oaks Drive #A, Springfield, IL 62704.
To express condolences online, visit www.preston-hanley.com
- Jim Mercer - friend of son
- JMI Instrument Company - colleague of Steve Davis
- Rosemarie Ganci - colleague of Steve's
- jill davis -
- Sandra Marshall/White - Friend
- Karen McCain - Hairdresser
- Kay Burlingame - Friend/ co-worker
- Sue Thompson - Friend
- Caroline Andereck - Friend of Gandson
- Deb Wertz - Friend,Co -worker
- Tammy Durm - Friend coworker
- Deb Gregory - friend /co worker at bus dept.
- Glenda Aplin - Co- worker / friend
- Elaine Richey - Co worker and friend
- Peggy Turpin - Friend
- Cathy Candler - Friend
- Lisa Horaney - Fruend
- Eric Schurman - Coworker/friend
- Joe and Dawn Hoerr -
- Kathy McCoy - Friend, coworker
- Juanita VanBuskirk - Friend/Co-Worker
- Shelia Bagley - Friend
- Winnette Klopfenstein - Past co worker, friend
- Marcia Worthington - Sister/Friend
- Joe Sloter - Neighbor from Bellaire Ave.
- Barb Juhl - Former co-worker
- Janette McClure - Co worker