Jackie D. Creech, Jr.
9/7/1963 - 11/11/2017
PEKIN ~ Jackie D. Creech, Jr., 54, of Pekin, passed away at 4:50 p.m. Saturday, November 11, 2017 in Pekin.
Born September 7, 1963 in Cincinnati, Ohio to Jack D., Sr. and Wilma (Cornett) Creech, he married his high school sweetheart, Kimberly J. Gregory, on January 17, 1981 at McArthur Drive Baptist Church in North Pekin. She survives.
Also surviving are his parents of North Pekin; one daughter, Cassie (David) Lannert of Pekin; one granddaughter, Avery Chadlynn Lannert; a goddaughter, Kenlee Marie; two brothers, Randall Creech and Greg Creech, both of North Pekin; his father-in-law, Jerry Gregory of Spring Lake; a sister-in-law, Jana (Steve) Swisher of Pekin; a brother-in-law, Mark (Shelley) Gregory of Pekin; six nieces and nephews, Rachel (Stephen) Krolczyk, Randy Creech, Shawna (Korey) Jablonski, Allison Gregory, Kendra Swisher and Bryson Gregory. He also leaves a great-niece, a great-nephew and a great niece on the way, along with many cousins. Jackie was also loved by his puppy, Abbi.
He was preceded in death by one son, Chad Creech on July 12, 1999 and his mother-in-law, Jacqueline Gregory on August 24, 2009.
Jackie was a 1981 graduate of Pekin Community High School.
He had worked in the tire business since the age of 16. His family owns JCKC Tire Recycling in Pekin.
Jackie loved to hunt & fish and loved to travel and go camping. He was a proud cheerleader dad and coached Cassie’s softball and basketball teams. He will be remembered as being bighearted, always helping others, for spoiling his girls and attending sporting events to support family. He also was a fan of Noodles & Co., his favorite restaurant. He was a member of Pekin Moose Family Center 916 and a former member of the Peoria Sportsman’s Club.
He attended Bridgeway Church in Pekin.
His funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday, November 15, 2017 at Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin. Pastor Paul Helmig, Sr. will officiate. Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home. Private burial will be at Lakeside Cemetery in Pekin.
Memorial contributions may be made to an educational fund for Avery and Kenlee in care of CEFCU.
To express condolences online, visit www.preston-hanley.com
- Christie Bowman - Cousin
- Cheryl Vice-ONeill - Family Friend
- Becky Hacker - Friend
- Christine and Larry Worlow - Friend
- Becky Hacker - Family Friend
- Carrie Brooks - Cousin
- Joe and Linda Stoner - friends
- DIANNE and DICK LOHNES - friends
- Julie Hamilton -
- Debbie Fisher - Family friend
- Paula Sims - Cousin
- Bev Cornwell - Cousin
- CAROL helm - COUSIN
- Katie Goff Pontifex - Family Friend
- Tyson Johnson - Cousin
- Tim and Betsy Cooper - Friend
- Renee Sharp - Friend
- John Walker -
- Barbara Mills - Friend
- Mary Tisdale - Friends
- Diane & Randy Roots - Friend
- Todd & Connie Shelabarger - Friend
- Randy & Debbie Bassette - Friend
- Heidi Legel - Friend
- Deborah Kalhammer - Friend/classmate PCHS '81
- Brad & Colleen Gardiner - Friend
- Don Lori Rife rife - friend
- Vinny Cappello - Friend & Past Co-Worker
- Alan and Pat Johnson - cousins
- Denise Hahn-Pryor - Friend
- Ashley Martin -
- Lynda Beckwith - Nephews mother
- Adam Simpson - Friend
- Adam Simpson - Friend
- Kim steinborn -
- Stephanie Johnson - Friend
- Paul & Linda Robertson - friend
- Mary Snyder - Friend
- Sandi Myers - Friend
- Brad Parker -
- Tony and Deb Schrader - Cousin
- Ed Best - Freind
- Debra Barnard - Friend
- CHERYL and JEFF WALTERS - FRIEND
- David & Laura Toel -
- Tom & Lori Larimore - Friend
- Sheila Scurlock/Miller - friend
- Keith & Jami (Durham) Wyss -
- Dina Bradley - Friend
- Connie & Kevin lohmann - Friend
- Diane Shelabarger-Coggins - Family friend
- Les and Jeannie Avery -
- Lory Hall -
- Darla Armbrust - Friend
- Gregg & Sue Swibold - Friends
- Steven Cummings - Grew up with Jackie
- Matt and Diane Mccoy - Friend
- Lee and Ann Remmert - Friend
- Jim Burdette -
- Jaclie Johnson - Friend
- Brenda Sangalli/Dean - Friend
- Dr KG, Jenny & Reena SHAH - St Jude Friends
- Perry and Kim Montgomery - Friend
- Betty Freed - High school friends
- Wilbur & Holly Irving -
- Coleen Fitzanko - Friend
- Lori Justus - Friend
- Mike Copelen -