3/13/1946 - 12/17/2017
MARQUETTE HEIGHTS ~ Toney E. Buzick, 71, of Marquette Heights, passed away at 6:03 p.m. Sunday, December 17, 2017 at his home after a battle with cancer due to exposure to Agent Orange during his time in Vietnam.
Born March 13, 1946 in Litchfield to Toney W. and Betty J. (LeMaster) Buzick, he married Carol Fleeharty on March 10, 1968 in Peoria. She survives.
Also surviving are two daughters, Jennifer A. Buzick of Marquette Heights and Tammy J. (Randy Jr.) Hintz of South Pekin; one son, Toney D. (On-Ura) Buzick of Manito; four grandchildren, Jordon Carruthers of North Pekin, Hayle Hintz of Denver, Colorado, John Hintz II of South Pekin and Irene Buzick of Manito; one great-granddaughter, Alianna Carruthers of North Pekin; and one brother, Sherman "Mike" (Jan) Buzick of North Pekin. He is also survived by extended family, Cara Pierce and Bella Mendez, both of North Pekin, Tyler Parksey of Denver, Colorado, Sarah Hunt of Pekin and his puppy CoCo.
He was preceded in death by his parents; and one brother, Rick "Heavy" Buzick.
He had served his country in the United States Army during the Vietnam War.
He was of the Christian faith.
Toney had worked out of Operating Engineers Local #649 as a heavy equipment operator for R.A. Cullinan for 40 years, retiring in 2008.
He was a lifetime member of the Gold Wing Road Riders Association Chapter Z and a member of the Patriot Guard. He also was a member of the Illinois High School Association Hall of fame after playing for the 1964 Pekin Chinks State Championship basketball team.
Toney loved to travel, but his true passion was watching his grandchildren's activities.
His funeral will be at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Preston-Hanley Funeral Homes & Crematory in Pekin, where military honors will be provided by the United States Army and the Tazewell Area Military Rites team. Rev. Ron Jansen will officiate. Visitation will be from 5 to 6:15 p.m. prior to the service. Cremation will be accorded following services.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Greater Peoria Honor Flight P.O. Box 5072 Peoria, IL 61601-5072.
- Doug Jones - Friend
- Mike Egan - Brother rider
- Patricia Harmon Pfeiffer - Cousin
- Linda Lee - Classmate
- Bob and Debby Dant - Friends
- Julia Nelms - Friend
- Randy & Melody House - friend
- Larry & Dianne Barker - Friends
- Roscoe Dellinger - Friend
- Renee Taylor - Friend
- Judy Newlun Smith - Friend
- Ted Jones - 60 year friend
- Tony & Dorothy Lasher - Friend with Chapter Z GWRRA
- Ruth Lauterbach - Friend
- Steve& Peggy Ziegele - Friends
- Melissa Killion-Kreiter -
- Paula Wolfe - Friend
- Tom Conroy - Life long friend
- Terry and Nancy Kalaher - Friends
- Karen Just Merritt - Long time friend
- Stormy Monday - Brother Rider
- Leo & Karen Berardi -
- Brian and Debbie King - Friends
- Gaylon and Brianna Malott - Friends
- Brian Malott - Friend
- Alec Story - friend/ neighbor
- Jeremy Wright - Friend
- Jack Zaayenga - Army buddy Vietnam
- duane Gray - frend
- Phil Durham - Freind
- Julie Roots - Friend
- Ron & Bobbie Gray - Friend
- Don Davis - Friend
- Don and Rose Pauli - Friend
- Dave Lowery - Friend
- Mark Webb - Friend
- ronald thomason - friend
- Gene & Sharon Williams - Friends
- Dwaine & Anita Worthey - Friends
- Becky Stuber - Motorcycle friends
- James Pierce - Lifetime friend
- Steve Hatten - Friend
- Jim and Linda Story - Friend
- Jeff & Tonya Dill - Friend of family
- Dee Tilton - Motorcycle friend
- Omer Peak - Friend
- Gary Reed - Friend
- Angela Martin -
- Jim and Kathy Burdette -
- Sharon Conklin McGraw - Friend